Partner Internship Program – 2020
APFC is proud to announce we have rebuilt our Partner Internship Program for a more dynamic experience. This program provides Alaskan students the opportunity to gain vigorous investment experience with some of APFC’s premier partners including:
McKinley Capital – Anchorage, AK
L&B Realty Advisors LLP – Dallas, TX
Acadian Asset Management – Boston, MA
Pathway Capital Management, LP – Irvine, CA
Crestline Investors Inc – Fort Worth, TX
Each internship will be posted November 1st to begin recruitment.
Each of our partners provides a unique perspective on the investment industry and have provided APFC with a detailed summary of real-world experiences interns should expect to gain.
All candidates must be either; an Alaska resident attending school in any state, or all students enrolled at a post-secondary school in Alaska are eligible. All Interns must have a Minimum GPA of 2.8 & 3.0 within Major and be studying a business-related field. Preference will be given to candidates studying, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance, Economics.
At the conclusion of the programs Partner Interns will be asked to present for members of APFC’s leadership as well as provide a synopsis of their experience.
*All Partnership Internships will be posted November 1st, 2019 on www.apfc.org and the deadline for applications will be listed with each internship description.
*All Partnership Interns are hired DIRECTLY by the various Partner Organizations, APFC is solely a facilitator of these connections. All applicants will apply through APFC’s careers page and qualified candidates will be forwarded on to preferred Organizations.
Below you will see an outline of each Partner Organizations Internships.
McKinley Capital Management, LLC
McKinley Capital Management, LLC (McKinley Capital) is an independent institutional investment manager that specializes in growth equities including domestic, non-U.S., active extension, and global strategies across all capitalization spectrums for clients around the world. Founded in 1990 by Bob Gillam, McKinley Capital uses a disciplined quantitative approach to manage assets primarily for corporate and public plan sponsors, Taft-Hartley funds, foundations, endowments, and sub-advisory clients.
Provide general support to the Portfolio Operations, Portfolio Assistants, Data Scientists, Research Team, Compliance, and Administration. Areas of support include report construction, account guideline review, trade allocation, portfolio modeling, security research and administrative tasks.
Alaska resident attending postsecondary school anywhere in the United States or a student attending the University of Alaska (Anchorage, Fairbanks, or Juneau).
McKinley Capital Qualifications:
At least 60 credit hours at an accredited institution working toward a Masters or BS/BA
with an area of study in a money management related field such as finance, math,
economics, accounting, or business administration;
3.0 GPA – overall;
3.5 GPA – major
*The cover letter should note that the applicant is applying through the Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation’s Partnership Intern program.
February 28th, 2020
L&B Realty Management
Intern – Portfolio Management
We are looking for an intern to provide day-to-day support for our Portfolio Management team as well as analytical support and ad-hoc requests from our Acquisitions, Client Services and Asset Management departments.
Position will be responsible for the following:
The ideal candidate will have:
Acadian Asset Management
Outline of Internship Program:
An Acadian internship is a hands-on opportunity at a global asset manager whose creative use of ideas and technology puts it at the forefront of the investment industry. Expand your skills through a combination of on-the-job experience, mentorship, and training opportunities. Our internship program is continuous, with positions available for the summer as well as for winter and co-op timeframes. We offer opportunities for both graduate students and undergraduates (all years). Interns have the opportunity to work with senior staff on meaningful projects supporting all areas of our firm. You will build skills, expand your work experience, gain insight into future career choices and make a demonstrable contribution to Acadian’s business.
Interns are selected via a competitive process that includes a resume and interview.
• Demonstrated excellence in your field of study
• Ability to learn quickly
• Detail orientation and commitment to quality
• Diligence, flexibility and determination
• Honesty and integrity
• Ability to work both independently and in collaboration
• Interest in and knowledge of the financial industry
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Competitive hourly pay
• Opportunities to collaborate with other Interns and work side by side with experienced professionals
• Possible placements include: IT, Investment Research, Performance Attribution, Client Reporting, Operations, Client Services & Marketing
January 31st, 2020
Pathway Capital Management, LP
About the Organization:
Pathway Capital Management, LP, is a leading investment management firm that creates, monitors and manages specialized private equity funds of funds for institutional investors worldwide. We are currently seeking Private Equity Investment Interns.
Private Equity Investment Interns assist in the monitoring and reporting of private equity investments for clients as well as assist investment analysts with a variety of projects. The position would start as soon as possible and interns must work at least 15 hours per week, but no more than 29 hours per week. Weekly hour requirements are flexible depending on availability.
Please include your resume in PDF format and include a cover letter when applying. Also, include your anticipated date of graduation and current GPA on your resume or cover letter.
Crestline Investors, Inc.
Summer Internship, 2020
Credit/Opportunistic Investments - Fort Worth, Texas
<!-- [if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
Crestline Investors, Inc., founded in 1997 and based in Fort Worth, Texas, is an institutional alternative investment management firm. Crestline specializes in credit and opportunistic investments, including financing and restructuring solutions for mature private equity funds. In addition, the firm manages a multi-PM equity market-neutral hedge fund, and provides Beta and Hedging Solutions for Institutional clients. Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, the company maintains affiliate offices in New York City, Chicago, London, Toronto and Tokyo.
We are currently looking for Interns to work with our Credit and Opportunistic Investments team during the Summer of 2020.
What are we looking for?
• Class of 2021 or 2022 Finance Majors w/ interest in Investing and with strong accounting skills
• We are looking for highly motivated individuals who have demonstrated outstanding achievements in academic and extracurricular activities.
Qualified candidates must be self-motivated team players who have strong organizational and communication skills. While a background in finance or accounting is not required, applicants should be comfortable with basic numerical computation. Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is a plus.
What will our Interns be doing during the Internship?
• Assisting the investment team with deal pipeline and contact management
• Developing presentations
• Building financial spreadsheet models
• Working on various projects to support Investor relations
• Assisting the investment teams day-to-day responsibilities
• Interns are involved with teams including managing directors, directors, vice presidents, associates and analysts, in an open atmosphere where ideas are continuously shared and creative thinking and individual initiative are encouraged. Colleagues serve as both instructors and mentors. Interns will form relationships with many professionals while developing special camaraderie with their peers.
• Interns are expected to work 60+ hours per week.
What will our Interns get out of this experience?
• Exposure to the firm’s businesses and expanded knowledge of the investment industry while developing important analytical and communication skills
• Frequent feedback on performance, goals and professional development objectives, reviewed by team members with whom they work, throughout the internship
• Invaluable experience that will differentiate candidates in the beginnings of a career in finance
• An hourly wage, including overtime for hours in excess of 40 per week